Survey Privacy Notice
Customer Care – Vortex
PLDT Online (“PLDT OL”) respects your fundamental right to privacy and we commit to take great care in safeguarding your personal data. As you lodge your customer concerns, and in compliance with applicable Privacy Laws, we share with you the principles that govern how your personal data will be collected, processed, and shared.
Why we collect and process your personal data
As you lodge your concerns about our products and services, we will collect and process your data only for the purposes and legal bases described below.
- Depending on the customer care channel you used (Vortex Facebook messenger, PGC web chat, or firstname.lastname@example.org), we may process your Facebook name or Vortex registered email address based on our legitimate interest in investigating and resolving your product- or service-related requests and concerns. For this purpose, we may also process personal data you provided upon registration. For instance, we may process your name and residential address if your concern is about the delivery of promo prizes, and your location to check serviceability issues
- We may collect and analyze the contents of your feedback based on our legitimate interest to improve and create products and services based on your needs and expectations.
- We may also collect and analyze public comments you have posted on the Free Bee Facebook page and PGC Facebook and LinkedIn pages, based on our legitimate interest in improving our products and services.
In analyzing the text of your feedback and comments, the text would be classified by the Voice of the Customer (VOC) platform that we use based on your customer sentiment (e.g. positive comments), the sentiment type (e.g. brand perception), and the sentiment reason.
Why your personal data is shared
We implement our customer care activities in partnership with our parent company, PLDT Global Corporation (“PGC”). In this regard, lodging your concerns may mean that your data may be shared with PGC to resolve your product or service-related issues in the course of its operations.
PGC has engaged the services of Salesforce.com, Inc. (“SFDC”), the provider of the customer service system, and Qualtrics, LLC (“Qualtrics”), the technology provider of the VOC platform used to analyze your feedback. PGC has likewise engaged the services of Thinkblink, Inc. for the configuration and creation of our VOC dashboards.
While your data is stored in the cloud facilities of SFDC and Qualtrics, they do not have access to your data.
In all these cases, we ensure that your personal data is disclosed on a confidential basis, through secure channels, and only in compliance with applicable Privacy Laws and regulations.
How your personal data is protected
The integrity, confidentiality, and security of your Personal Data are important to us. This is why we strictly enforce this Privacy Notice within PLDT OL and have implemented technical, organizational, and physical security measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized or fraudulent access, alteration, disclosure, misuse, and other unlawful activities. Your data is also protected from other natural and human dangers.
We likewise require these security measures from our third-party providers.
Your rights and choices
You are afforded certain rights in relation to your personal data under applicable Privacy Laws and regulations. You are entitled (in the circumstances and under the conditions, and subject to the exceptions set out in applicable law) to:
- Request access to the personal data we process about you;
- Request a rectification of your personal data;
- Request the erasure of your personal data;
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You moreover have a right to object to the processing of your personal data, such as in cases when we process your personal data for purposes related to personal profiling and direct marketing. You may also opt-out from having the contents of your feedback further analyzed for product and service improvement.
To the extent that the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time by contacting our Data Privacy Officer through the contact details provided below. Please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing that was carried out before you withdrew your consent or PLDT OL’s right to continue parts of the processing based on other legal bases than your consent. If, however, we have not provided you with another legal basis justifying the processing of your personal data in this privacy notice, we will stop the processing and delete your personal data.
To exercise any of these rights, you may get in touch with our Data Privacy Officer through the contact details provided below. In some instances, we may request supporting documents or proof before we effect any requested changes to your personal data.
If, despite our commitment and efforts to protect your personal data, you believe that your data privacy rights have been violated, we encourage and welcome individuals to come to PLDT OL first to seek resolution of any complaint. You have the right at all times to register a complaint directly with the relevant data protection authority or to make a claim against us with the appropriate court.
(c/o) PGC Data Privacy Office
2nd Floor, Smart Tower 1
6799 Ayala Ave. Makati City, Philippines